Friday, August 8, 2014

My Favorite Accessible Cities in America

As an accessible man just out of college and ready to see the world, there are many things that I know will be harder to do than others. My plan is pretty much the same as everyone else’s which is seeing the world one place at a time so this summer I thought I would start with America. I visited some places that were amazing and some places that were, well, not so amazing. Since I was traveling with a few buddies of mine (all classmates and I was the only guy in a wheelchair) I let them know that I wanted to do what they did and I was going to record random cities that I thought future readers would like to know that were accessible. We contacted Wheelers Van Rentals and they almost instantly called us back and gave us a pretty good deal for Wheelchair Van Rentals. Within a week they picked us up in our home in Fort Worth (we requested their Fort Worth Wheelchair Van Rentals) in a pretty cool van that I had never seen before with some pretty cool toys made specifically for the accessible.

First Stop Dallas

Dallas Wheelchair Van Rentals
Fort Worth Wheelchair Van Rentals
Our first stop was in Dallas due to the proximity of it and because if you haven’t been, Dallas has a lot going on and activities round the clock for everyone. For handicapped visitors wide-open spaces are usually pretty daunting and I didn’t want to hold back my friends from doing what they wanted to do. I thought I would miss out on a lot of fun but leave it to Dallas to have an activity for everyone. Many tourists just like me visit Dallas every year and use Dallas Wheelchair Van Rentals to see one of the Lone Star state’s biggest cities and get access to the remarkable number of attractions that welcome guests on wheels. We’re all big sports fans so we went to all the sporting venues that host special presentations from time to time. We went during the summer but Dallas Cowboy’s Stadium is fully wheelchair accessible inside and out.

San Francisco/Santa Rosa/San Diego


San Francisco Wheelchair Van Rentals
Santa Rosa Wheelchair Van Rentals
San Diego Wheelchair Van Rentals
Using Wheelers Santa Rosa Wheelchair Van Rentals, San Francisco Wheelchair VanRentals and San Diego Wheelchair Van Rentals, we managed to drive over to Santa Rosa and San Francisco due to it being such a close drive and none of us had ever been to San Diego so we decided to check it out. San Francisco is such an incredible city, so culturally diverse and though I’ve never been to Europe, it seems to be the city that mostly resembles big cities in Europe. We got to experience ‘the city’ (as locals call it) the way we never had before. We visited Pier 39 which was probably the highlight of the trip there. We saw sea lions, ate chowder in bread bowls and tasted California wines. Santa Rosa was probably not as inspiring but was fun due to its serenity, green pastures and beaches. It was fun because it was nice to be out of the city for a change and get to see different sights. Being a huge peanuts fan as a kid I enjoyed visiting the museum of Charles M. Schulz and reminiscing on my childhood. Our last stop in Cali was in San Diego which is often referred to as ‘America’s Finest City’ with its beautiful beaches and the always fun Sea World San Diego.

Vegas Baby

Las Vegas Wheelchair Van Rentals
All the rumors you’ve heard of Vegas are true and it is truly an incredible experience that we suggest everyone visit at least once. Since it was our last major stop before heading back home, we didn’t have as much energy (or cash) left over but that didn’t stop us from having a good time. In a city that is synonymous with gambling we just had to try some of it so we can brag back to our friends back home. We also hit up a few museums, arcades and other entertainment venues that kept us entertained during our 3 day stay. The van we got from Wheelers for our Las Vegas Wheelchair Van Rentals was a 2013 Toyota Sienna. Wheelers picked us up at the curb which is an added value they offer for no extra charge.

Our trip was probably the most exciting thing I’ve ever done and hope to go on another road trip later this year and after our experience, I’m almost certain we will contact Wheelers again. Not only were their prices very reasonable but they were also very nice and knowledgeable.

Learn more about Wheelers Services








No comments:

Post a Comment